Pandemic fatigue is real. Amiright?
This past year has been a doozy.
Like a real kick in the balls (or vagina if you will).
Who would’ve thought that this would’ve ever happened??
Yet here we are, a year out from the first hint of shut-downs and shelter-at-home orders.
I don’t know about you but I’m TIRED AF.
I think this whole pandemic fatigue thing is going to be a real verifiable issue that our mental health community will be faced with on a daily basis, if they’re not already.
So, what IS pandemic fatigue, exactly?
- I think it’s a deep weariness of Zoom. Of video calls, meetings, sessions, appointments.
- It’s a general malaise overarching your whole life (you’re sick to death of All. Of. It.)
- It’s a lack of interest in doing things that involves more activity than just laying on the couch after work. (Netflix, I love you!)
- …If you have to help one more kid with one more lesson on their computer!!!
- You’re quicker to anger.
- You’re not sleeping great, waking up many times or taking forever to fall asleep.
- You’re eating way more than you used to (hello Covid-19 pounds!)
- You just are in a FUNK.
We hear you! We are too … all of us are struggling here, you are not alone.
I don’t know what the answer is as we are just now starting to see the light, but…
Yet, it’s healing to know we are all in this together!
That you don’t have to feel good all the fucking time.
That it’s okay to do the bare minimum every day, or most days.
It’s okay to want to throw your laptop and to want to disconnect from social media.
Do you boo!
Do all the things that you can right now to get through the day.
No judgements, no feeling “less than” because really, surviving is the word of the year here.
Honestly, this is the only way we’re going to get through this pandemic fatigue.
Just doing our best, doing what we can and forgiving ourselves for the rest of it.
We’re here for you if you need extra support or need a check in. No one understands how hard this is, than us here at EC, as we are all mothers, wives, daughters, sisters, partners, caregivers, friends, HUMANS.
Keep going babe! You can get through this. You can self-schedule here!