Do you know how to spot toxic people in your life?
Do you ever wonder why you seem to surrounded by assholes?
Like you look up and you think to yourself, how did I end up with this shit AGAIN?
I know I do. I have to check in with myself occasionally as I have an innate high tolerance for bullshit (thanks bio fam) so I used to unknowingly let these toxic people in before I realized I could weed them out first.
If you’re like me or even if you are unsure of how to spot toxic people, here are some tips to help you readjust your “picker” and get better at enforcing your boundaries.
How to spot toxic people…
1. Do you feel on edge around them?
2. Do you find yourself saying yes when you want to say no?
3. Are they always talking about themselves and rarely ask you how you’re doing?
4. Do they forget main points of your life, like, all the time?
5. Are you the one always footing the bill cuz they forgot their wallet (umm money apps, hello!) or they are always “broke?” Or do they always need a $20 to make it through to payday?
6. Do they seem to criticize whenever you are looking for support instead?
7. Are you walking on eggshells, always worried about what they’re going to say or do?
Any of these signs means yes, they’re TOXIC.
So, my loves, if any of these markers are there consistently: RUN.
Do a quick check in with the people in your life (yes, family included,) and see how you feel around them. If any of these pieces are present, it’s time to re-assess their role/position in your life.
You don’t have to have people in your life like this. You don’t have to fix them or make their life better. It’s not up to you!
You get to control the energy you put out and if this relationship doesn’t serve you, then it’s okay to move on from them. We give you permission.
If you need more help with toxic/unhealthy relationships, our EC Coaching program is just what you need! Our interactive, solution focused method can you help you zero in on just what is going on and how to course-correct. For more information, email us at email@example.com.