Fall is officially here y’all!
I don’t mean the date cuz that’s long passed, but the temperatures are getting cooler which to me, a gal living in Georgia, is the one indicator that it’s time to swap out my thong Birkenstocks for my furry ‘stocks. (Yes, they’re a thing!!)
Let’s have some fun here, and create a bucket list, if you will.
Here are 15 fun things you can do in fall to welcome the new season:
1. Change out your summer flower pots and fill ‘em with cooler weather flowers like mums, pansies, etc…
2. Go on a drive to the mountains where you can see the leaves changing color and really shine in their beautiful fall glory!
3. Make some homemade apple butter (super easy using your crockpot), here’s a recipe from one of my fav food bloggers.
4. Light up that fire-pit out back and roast some marshmallows!
5. Go to a local high school football game. Nothing says fall like being wrapped in a blanket, cheering on your team, with some hot cider in a thermos.
6. Speaking of apples, go pick some at a local orchard! This is a fun way to incorporate fall with your littles too.
7. Make a big pot of soup and some homemade bread for dinner this week. There’s something so cozy about soup bubbling away on the stove and wafts of fresh baked bread in your kitchen.
8. Decorate your house with some fall foliage. Got a mantel? Throw some pine cones up there with a few pretty leaves.
9. Do a fall puzzle. You don’t even have to leave the house. Just find puzzles online – it’s a fun way to change up the typical puzzles you may do.
10. Head to a farmers’ market and stock up on the fall favs that are there (butternut squash, apples, kale, you get the idea) and make some shit with them!!
11. Get you some fall scented candles and bring them home. I love warming scents like cinnamon or apple cider.
12. Roast some pumpkin seeds. There are still pumpkins to be had at your local grocery store or market. Not only are these delish, but they’re so good for you, too.
13. Head to your local coffee shop and buy one of their seasonal lattes like Gingerbread or Caramel Cider. Yum!
14. Play in some leaves. You know you have a shit ton in your yard right now so make a big pile, gather the kiddos in your life, and have a blast jumping in them.
15. Sit outside one morning before your day starts with your coffee and a blanket, look around, and admire the changes you see all around while breathing in the crisp cool air.
Autumn is the perfect time to be grateful for the change of seasons and what you’ve accomplished this year. Enjoy it because fall is here y’all!! You can find us on our front porches soaking in all the things.