Feelings of overwhelm, uncertainty, unsure of what to do next, paralyzing fear, worry. You get the idea. Shit’s real right now.
Yes, we are starting to see the light at the end of tunnel during this pandemic so, why do you still feel like you’re still crashing and burning every day?
Because my dear, our world is in a crisis!
Everywhere you look someone is suffering or hurting. We all are in one form or another. We see you.
Russia is raping Ukraine (for fucking what??), our government (led by old-ass white men) is bound and determined to take our rights away as women and as people, gas and food are at ridiculous high prices, and our dollars are stretched so freaking tight it’s alarming to buy anything right now.
So, what’s a gal to do?
Here’s our suggestion – get back to basics.
You may wonder what this means.
The basics are really the foundation you are built upon: sleep, water, rest, laughter, food, you get the point.
Here are 10 things to help you get back to basics if you’re feeling overwhelmed right now.
1. Simply put, stop doing the shit you don’t need to do.
2. Stop tolerating what you know is low grade bugging the hell out of you.
3. Stay home more.
4. Rest more. Take that nap when you feel like it. Lay on the hammock and snooze away in the spring breeze.
5. Read more. Get some books from the library you’ve been thinking of reading (no self-help books allowed) and lose yourself in a good fiction story. Author Susan Mallery is my obsession right now as her stories are fun, sweet, and heartwarming; it’s a nice reprieve from all the shit we’ve been wading through.
6. Walk more. Get in nature every day even if it’s just sitting outside for 10 minutes in the morning with your coffee.
7. Finish work at 5pm (or whatever time you’re done) and go the hell outside. Have a sweet tea out in your yard with your puppers, your partner, yo-self, and chill!!
8. Take your leave that you have stockpiling (I see you boo), even if it’s just one Friday off a month.
9. Plan that trip so you can have something to look forward to (if you can).
10. And please for fucks sake, get off your phone!! Dial back all the exposure you have to all the social media messages that are not good for us. Try giving yourself a phone free hour (you can do this!) each day just to see how you feel.
When the world is crashing down around you, we’re recommending that you take a step back and a step down from all of it.
Bonus #11. And of course, get your ass into therapy. Having a person by our side who is cheering you on, who sees the best in you and who wants you to win at all the things, is life altering!! Try it, you’ll see. We promise.
As always, we’ve got you! Click here to schedule your session now so we can help you get back to good. See ya soon, love bug.