We are going to do something fun this time! We wanted to list the apps that we are using right now, to get through the shit-show that most of us are still struggling with. Are you with us?? We hope this helps you find some fun ways to give yourself some self-care at the moment!
Here are our 7 favorite self-care apps right now…
1. The Calm App – look, I’ll be the first to admit that I SUCK at meditation. However, this app is a great one for just chilling, trying to get to sleep, or to just taking a break during the day. I particularly love listening to Matthew McConaughey’s sleep story “Wonder.” Not sure how sleep inducing it is (hahaha), but I love listening to his timber and twang. Y’all know I’m a sucker for a tall cowboy, hello Yellowstone on Paramount TV!!!
2. The Slack App – our team at EC uses this one regularly to share funny memes or gifs with one another throughout the day, and it has been a great way for us to connect and stay in touch. Which we desperately need as we are all over the place now! Amiright?
3. Spotify App – I’m a music girl – especially when it comes to my EDM songs – so this app is one I use all the time! Cooking dinner? Yep, listening to my playlist. Writing this blog? Yepp, listening right now to my chill songs. Spotify totally makes my life much more fun and doable!
4. Openfit App – I loathe exercise unless it involves water or hiking BUT… for $8 a month, I can jump on this app and do a 10-minute arm workout or other short bodily movement — because there isn’t always time to get to the mountains. It’s so worth the small monthly investment and I love all the options they give me! I’m not a “let’s do a 60-minute workout” girl, so this gives me loads of short yet effective classes. You can even sign up for the live ones which is a fun way to be part of a community, too!
5. Shazam App – I use this app all the time. Hear a cool song you want to find later? Hit your Shazam button and viola! it appears on the app. I use it during movies, tv shows, listening to SiriusXM, etc., and it helps me grow my collection of songs to listen to on the above-mentioned Spotify app later. LOVE this one!
6. Instagram App – okay, obviously this one is probably a no-brainer, but I do love a good Insta post if I’m feeling the need for inspiration. We are trying to grow our own Instagram community so follow us @empoweredconnections for even more self-care inspo and fun adn tips to help you live your best life; we’d be so grateful!
7. The Magnolia App – y’all know I love anything by Joanna & Chip and this app is no exception as it has so much to love!! If you already have a Discovery+ subscription, you can sign in for free on their app and gain access to tons of FREE workshops! I’m currently knee-deep in the Guide To Houseplants Workshop by Hilton Carter and I love it. Seriously, check this app out as it has all the things you need right now!! (Cuz apparently I need more houseplants even tho I have over 75 right now, haha…)
Ok so that’s our list of fav apps! Let us know in the comments, or even drop by and say hi on Instagram to let us know which apps you are using so we can check them out!