It’s been brought to my attention that we have not done a summer bucket list for our readers, so I wanted to correct that today because who doesn’t need good, solid summer bucket list ideas to make this the best summer ever?? I know I’m here for them!
So, let’s get right to it! Some of these are my original ideas but others are contributed by some summer-loving peeps.
10 Shimmery Summer Bucket List Ideas for 2023
1. Make some sun tea. Grab an old jar (remember those cool ones we had in the 2000s lol) and put it in the sun for no more than 4 hours. Make sure the jar is glass as the plastic could leak something into your tea and that’s not fun. Then for us southern gals, make a simple syrup by boiling 1 cup sugar with 1 cup water on the stove until the sugar is dissolved & once cooled, add it to said sun tea. DELISH!
2. Find a local live outdoors music event that’s free. I know here in the ATL, these are happening any night of the week in any town around us, so we grab some chairs, some water (or bring your sun tea!), some snacks, and head out to enjoy it in the cooler evening hours. Bliss!
3. Go to the beach for the day! Just grab your chair, water, and a good book (see below) and perch yo-self on the sand for as long as you want. Don’t forget your sunscreen!
4. Make a goal to read 1 summery beach read that’s just for fun. No self-help books y’all!! Pick an easy read by Susan Mallery, Debbie Macomber, Jodi Thomas, etc… Simply pick a book or author you enjoy and just get lost in the story.
5. Find some fresh local produce and have a meal with all the things you can find. So fresh tomato slices, fresh sweet corn, some watermelon, etc. No one says you gotta have meat with every meal so enjoy the tastes of the season!
6. Start planning your fall garden. Mid-July/early August is the time to start planting your fall beauties. So why not try to grow a couple of things?
7. Go tubing. This is a very popular weekend activity in the south and for good reason cuz it’s so much fun and refreshing! Just grab an inner-tube (make sure it’s a study one) and drop it into a local river or creek and have fun! Don’t forget your sun tea!
8. Go on a wine tasting tour with your girls one weekend afternoon. How much fun is that to be driven around by a van driver who takes you to 3-5 wineries? You never know what new wine you may fall in love with!
9. Go explore a new park or hiking trail that you’ve never been to before. There’s nothing better for your mental health than mother nature, and it’s even better if you can bring your fur baby. Win-win!
10. Try a new ice cream flavor every week. There are so many ice cream flavors to be enjoyed and ice cream shops to check out; what better time to do it than when you’re sweltering in the humidity and heat of summer?
Ok so those are our 10 tips but there are literally hundreds more I suspect. Tell us what some items on your bucket list are? We’d love to get some ideas for ours!
Don’t forget to make your summer therapy appointments too while life is not as crazy. What better way to get yourself fine-tuned for the busy Fall than making some room for your therapy? You can always self-schedule here.
We hope this summer is your best one yet!