Don’t you just LOVE a good, empowering Maya Angelou quote?
I think most of us know who Maya Angelou is but just in case you need a refresher:
Maya Angelou (April 4, 1928 – May 28, 2014) was a celebrated author, influential poet, dancer, actress, singer, and activist. Maya received over 50 honorary degrees and is celebrated for her series of 7 autobiographies, which focus on her childhood and adult experiences.
To honor her and acknowledge all the wisdom she’s shared over the years, I thought I would share with you the 10 empowering Maya Angelou quotes that have deeply impacted me. Even more fun, I use these in our coaching sessions to help shed light on an issue you may be struggling with. So, let’s get started!
10 Empowering Maya Angelou Quotes
1. You teach people how to treat you.
2. But still, like dust, I’ll rise.
3. When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time
4. I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
5. Nothing will work if you don’t.
6. We may encounter many defeats, but we must not be defeated.
7. If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain.
8. You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.
9. Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.
10. The only way out of something is all the way through it.
What are your favorite Maya Angelou quote? She has many, many more but these are the ones that I carry with me every day. I hope you are as inspired as I am and that you can use one of these in your dark moments to help refocus you and remind you that you are here for a reason. That your life is purposeful and meaningful!
If you’re stuck and need another pair of eyes on the issue you’re trying to work on, we’ve got you! Our new empowered coaching program is designed just for the high-achieving woman who is feeling stuck around an issue or area you’re trying to improve. Check us out here.